Friday, January 25, 2008

A word for the year - Patience

I found this great blog from Kristi -Everything is Pink. Besides the fact I love the color pink. Seriously - love the color pink! My room was pink growing up, I wear pink pretty much everyday, my sorority colors were pink and white, my girls love pink...I have now gotten off track.
Any whooo...Kristi has a great post about her word of the year. It made me think, what would my word of the year be?

I choose Patience. I have none, not one ounce. I want everything right now, right here, no waiting. Patience is one thing I need to learn. My patience quickly runs out when the kids are screaming and fighting - yes, they do that. I think patience would be good for me, for the whole family. Patience in everything, from waiting in a line to waiting for a phone call or email. Patience that anything good comes with time. Or is it anything worth having is worth waiting for? You get the idea. My kids need to work on their patience too. So in effort to self-improve I will be holding on to my patience. Gee, this is where I wish I knew how to make those great digital pictures or graphics. Then I could make one that says, you guessed it "Patience". Maybe I should have chosen Learn - LOL
I will know Learn to have Patience for those brownies to finish baking!
Have a great weekend!
Tomorrow is the big crafty B'day party! I will post pics on Sunday :)

No comments: