Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!

Happy 2008. I hope you had a great Christmas Holiday and a Happy New Year. I know we did. I needed the break. But now it 2008 and we are back to the rat race :)
I just saw Jamie Lee Curtis on our local noon show talking about her new book - Welcome to the Human Race - about a young boy who thinks life is really a race, like a foot race. Gee - I really feel like that sometimes. Or it is a HUGE one up on your neighbor. That gets tiring. But it does give you a fresh perspective as the new year begins.
So my resolutions this year:
1. Be organized the entire year - go ahead and laugh now.
2. Lose 25 pounds - have to put this in here. It is required by law.
3. FINALLY put things in my Etsy shop - yes, I know, way over due.
4. Have more fun with the kids and family. Make some real family time this year. *Insert your cliche here*

That is it for those pesky resolutions. Hopefully I won't break them all - maybe just #2 :)

I will say the kids and I decided to make a new cookie every week. This is after we made about 30 different varieties for Big Daddy's store/associates and his managers. That was a lot of fun.
So our first cookie of the week is......Emily's Surprise Cookie. I will post pics tomorrow. They turned out fine except I baked them a tad too long. They were a little over baked on the bottom. They are all chocolate and marshmallows - you kind of forget the over baked part once you bite into the marshmallowy goodness.

I also have my first wine bottle cheese board to put in my Etsy shop. Not my first ever. My first one I am actually selling in the shop. I have done these for a few years and sold quite a few. I am proud of them. I make each one myself, I bead each one and make it very glamorous. Tell me what you think!!
Okay -bad pic. I will fix that tomorrow. It is hard to photograph wine bottles!

Here is a pic of a sign I made my friend Teri. Yes, only Teri can appreciate my elephant humor :) I am still working on my foot, thank you.
OH and one more thing - promise last one. Here is a pic of a cute pin cushion I made for gifts this year. I made several different color combos. They are big about 4 inches square.Yes, I put the super cute flower on each one !!!

That all for tonight! I am off to dream land. The kids are actually back in school. That is crazy. Back up to the crazy 6:30 hour to get them off for some learnin'
XOXO

1 comment:

Thompson Times said...

I am so jealous of your creative talent Sonya!