Monday, October 15, 2007

What we have been up to...

Well, we have been crazy busy. That is usually the norm, but lately it seems a little crazier than usual!
First, Big Daddy opened his new store. A certain Supermarket chain store in the Southeast - started in Lakeland, Florida. Anyways, he FINALLY got the store opened! Here is a pic. Yep, that is our little family all dressed up! Everyone got new outfits for this occasion! It is a big deal for us and we had a great time. Everything went smoothly and all is good!

THEN -We have also been to Cagles Dairy Farm in Georgia. What a great place to go! We went with Queen Bee's Brownie Troop. We had a great time! I forgot how bad cows smell ;)

Plus I went with my girlfriend and her two girls, of course with my two girls, to a mother/ daughter "camping" weekend. We stayed in cabins and had real potties. We did have to cook outdoors. But since there is a fire ban in Georgia we had to use a propane grill. We hiked, and had all kinds of fun. I don't have a decent pic of that excitement. Sorry.

Today the kids were out of school so we baked. We have not had a day were we just did very little and baked. We needed that today. Here are some of the treats we made. We will be sharing these with teachers and friends! Yummy caramel apples and caramel-pecan-brownies. I also made my famous Crickets Brownies, but I did not get a picture of those. We made Pumpkin Pie cookies, but we still have to put the "filling" in those! I am also going to make some Sugared Pecans and Ginger Cookies tomorrow. Then the kids will help me assemble boxes and we will be done!
That is it for excitement. I did get in some great fabrics. I am hoping to finish up a couple big jobs this week so I can stop and create something fun with them!
I will post my Stars and Stripes mosiac jeans tomorrow. They are super cute!!!
Have a great day!

No comments: