Saturday, August 9, 2008

Football and injuries

Okay - first let me say I was very hesitant to allow Little Man to play football. But after many promises and a lot of begging, I gave in. I was also worried he would lose interest in Baseball, which he is really good at but that is not the case. He loves both and tells me he is a 2 sport man. The fact that Big Daddy is a coach also helped my decision.

So - first week of 2 hour a night, every night what happens? Little Man severely sprains his pinky. He doesn't break it but 1 week later and the bruising has gone down quite a bit but it is still swollen. Lovely. I was thrilled! HA!



But then last night they had their first scrimmage game against the other 6 year old team. Who had 2 touchdowns? Little Man! He also made 2 blocks and a fumble. He was awesome!!!! I am so proud of him. Still not happy about the pinky but understand why he loves football. After watching him I can see that he truly enjoys the sport, testosterone, or just hitting other kids and not getting in trouble! LOL

Today is filled with work and catching up. School starts Monday! Oh Joy for me! I can hit the gym regularly and get some real work done! YEAH!!!!



Here he is making his 2nd touchdown! GO my Little Man!!!! (He is #6 with the ball)

Until later - XOXO

No comments: